It is the policy of the City of Daphne to insure equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, national origin, or political background, except where age or sex is a bona-fide occupational qualification.
Potential employees must provide a current Motor Vehicle Report, be insurable by the City’s insurance carrier, and pass a drug test, physical screen, and background check.
Police Officer Requirements & Applying for Employment
Police Officer Requirements
- Starting salary: $19.08 per hour (as of 01-04-2018)
- Minimum age 21
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent education/experience required
- Must meet physical requirements of the Alabama Police Officers Standards and Training Commission
- Must possess and maintain valid Alabama driver's license and be insurable by the City's insurance carrier
- Must be able to work in stressful and dangerous situations and be willing to work overtime, nonstandard hours, weekends, shift work, and holidays
- Must be willing to attend schools for additional training
- All applicants must pass entry examination, physical agility and ability test, polygraph examination, psychological examination, and successfully complete 9 week Field Training Officer program and Police Academy; plus, a background check, physical examination, and drug screening as conditions of employment
- Applicants who have current or previous experience as Law Enforcement Officers should submit documentation supporting experience and certification with their application
- Application inquiries and position descriptions can be requested from Human Resources at Daphne City Hall, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm. You may contact Human Resources by calling (251) 621-3075
When to Apply
The City of Daphne only accepts applications for positions currently being advertised/announced.
Resumes will not substitute for an application. Completed applications must be returned by the closing date of the announcement in order to be considered.
Unless otherwise noted in an announcement, applications are accepted for a period of fourteen days. The City reserves the right to extend or cancel any position announcement without prior notice. Certain announcements may be posted with an open closing date, or a closing date that exceeds the minimum fourteen day period and will so indicate in the announcement.
Where to Apply
You may apply in person at the Human Resources office located in City Hall at 1705 Main Street, Daphne, Alabama, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday - excluding holidays.
Please note: Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by the position closing date for receiving applications stated in the announcement, OR if mailed, must be postmarked on or before the closing date stated in the announcement.
If a position is not currently open, our Human Resources department will keep your resume on file and notify you when a position comes available. You may send us your resume with desired occupation to:
City of Daphne Human Resources
P.O. Box 400
Daphne, AL 36526
Current Job Openings
Click here for a complete list of current job openings in the City of Daphne.
The City of Daphne is an equal opportunity employer and a participant of E-Verify.