Police Officer Requirements
- Starting salary: $20.63 per hour (as of 10/08/2020)
- Minimum age 21
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent education/experience required
- Must meet physical requirements of the Alabama Police Officers Standards and Training Commission
- Must possess and maintain valid Alabama driver's license and be insurable by the City's insurance carrier
- Must be able to work in stressful and dangerous situations and be willing to work overtime, nonstandard hours, weekends, shift work, and holidays
- Must be willing to attend schools for additional training
- All applicants must pass entry examination, physical agility and ability test, polygraph examination, psychological examination, and successfully complete nine week Field Training Officer program and Police Academy; plus, a background check, physical examination, and drug screening as conditions of employment
- Applicants who have current or previous experience as Law Enforcement Officers should submit documentation supporting experience and certification with their application
When to Apply
We encourage qualified applicants to apply online for posted positions. The City of Daphne only accepts applications for jobs currently posted and reserves the right to extend or cancel any posting without notice. Applications must be submitted and received by 5:00pm on the closing date of the posting. Applications may be rejected if incomplete or if supporting documentation is not submitted as required.
Where to Apply
Please note: the City of Daphne will no longer accept paper applications for promotional or employment opportunities. All online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and appointing authorities have access to the applicant information submitted.
Follow this Career Opportunities link for a complete listing of City of Daphne open positions and instructions on how to submit an application.
If you are interested in a position that is not currently posted, please subscribe to a Job Interest card, found under Job Categories, on our Career Opportunities page. For each Job Interest card you complete, you will receive email notifications for the next 12 months should an open position be posted.
Current Job Openings
Follow this Career Opportunities link for a current listing of open positions with the City of Daphne.
It is the policy of the City of Daphne to insure equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, national origin, or political background, except where age or sex is a bona-fide occupational qualification.
Potential employees must provide a current Motor Vehicle Report, be insurable by the City’s insurance carrier, and pass a drug test, physical screen, and background check.
The City of Daphne is an equal opportunity employer and a participant of E-Verify.