Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
$75 Permit Fee per permit issued. Cash or check made payable to "City of Daphne" only.
The holder of this permit will hereby agree to all of the provisions and accept all responsibility for injury to any person(s) and/or damage to any property. The holder further agrees that any violation(s) of the provisions shall be cause for immediate revocation of said permit.
1. Use of rubber tires or products, which create a smoke nuisance, are expressly prohibited in a burning operation.
2. The air curtain trench shall be at a minimum of 500 feet from the nearest structure not on the same property.
3. The air curtain trench shall be 12 feet wide, 35 feet long and a minimum of 10 feet deep, unless the equipment manufacture requires something else, in which case those requirements would be followed.
4. Fires must be attended by a competent person at all times with means to control the fire; such as, heavy equipment or a hose line with a water supply.
5. Debris shall not be placed higher than the outer walls of the trench.
6. The air-flow shall be across the top of the debris, at a slight downward angle.
7. Materials waiting to be burned shall be kept 50 feet away from the trench and be from the same site as the burn.
8. Initial burning may be commenced only between the hours of 8am and 3pm No combustible material is to be added to the fire between 3pm and 8am the following day.
9. The fire must be extinguished before leaving the scene.
10. Upon receiving a complaint on smoke or ash nuisance the fire shall be extinguished if the Fire Official deems it necessary.
The undersigned and holder of this permit does hereby agree that all applicable provisions of the 2012 International Fire Code, and amendments adopted by the City of Daphne, Alabama have been complied with and accept all responsibility for injury to any person(s) and/or damage to any property. He/She further agrees that any violation(s) of the above provisions shall be cause for immediate revocation of this permit.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field