The 2020 City of Daphne Municipal Elections will be held August 25, 2020, and if needed, a run-off election will be held on October 6, 2020. Polls are open on Election Day 7am to 7pm.
Please see the Notice of Election
ABSENTEE VOTING Any qualified voter who determines it is impossible or unreasonable to vote at their voting place due to the declared State of Emergency due to COVID-19 may apply for an Absentee Ballot. When applying, you should check the box that reads "I have a physical illness or infirmity which prevents my attendance at the polls". You can find the Application for Municipal Absentee Ballot here. Please carefully follow the directions on the application and read the City of Daphne Absentee Voting Information carefully. The last day to apply for an Absentee Ballot is August 20, 2020.
Although it is not required, it is suggested that all individuals at the polling locations wear a face covering, bring your own black pen to mark the ballot and maintain social distancing.
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk Office at 251-620-1100. If you need to update your voter's registration information, contact the Board of Registrars at 251-937-0305.
The polling location for Daphne residents living in Districts 1 - 5 is located at Daphne Civic Center, 2603 US Highway 98 and for those residents living living in Districts 6 & 7 is Daphne High School Trojan Hall, 9078 Lawson Road.
NOTICE OF TESTING OF ELECTRONIC VOTE COUNTING SYSTEM
The City of Daphne will conduct a public testing of the voting machines to be used in the City of Daphne's Municipal Election to be held on August 25, 2020. The test will be conducted Friday, August 21, 2020 at 1:00pm at the Daphne Civic Center located at 2603 US Highway 98, Daphne, Alabama.
The 2020 qualifying period has ended, a complete list of City Council and Mayor candidates is shown below. Qualifying period for the 2020 Municipal Elections ran July 7 - 21, 2020.
- 2020 Municipal Election Important Dates
- 2020 Municipal Election Where to Vote
- 2020 City Council District Map 24x36
- City of Daphne Absentee Voting Information
- 2020 Absentee Ballot Application
- Resolution 2020-to Appoint Poll Workers
- Ordinance 2020-08 - Ordinance to Establish Voting Poll Places for the City of Daphne
- Ordinance 2020-18 - Establishing District Lines for the City of Daphne
- 2020 ALM Elections Calendar
- Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA)
- What Every Potential Candidate Should Know About Municipal Government
- When is the municipal election?
- If I want to run for municipal office, what is the time period for qualifications?
- Where do you go and who do you see to qualify to run for office?
- How much is the qualification fee?
- How often do citizens vote for a new Mayor and Council?
- How is my voting district determined & where do I vote?
- How do I find out which district I am in?
- How do I get an application to vote Absentee?
- How do I vote by Absentee Ballot? What is the procedure?
- Who can vote?