What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?

Officers cannot issue traffic tickets for a violation they did not personally witness. By the time you call us, the vehicle will probably be gone; however, if the speeding vehicle continually returns, call our Communications Center at 251-620-0911 and a police unit will be dispatched as priorities warrant. If the speeding problem persists, you may contact the Patrol Lieutenant at 251-620-0300 and he will determine the best way to remedy the situation.

Residents also have the option of appearing before the Public Safety Committee to request traffic calming devices. The committee meets monthly in the Jubilee Conference Room at City Hall. You may contact the Public Safety Committee Recording Secretary, at 251-620-1780 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
2. What should I do if I get a traffic ticket or citation?
3. Is traffic enforcement necessary?
4. What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
5. Are there noise limits in the City of Daphne?
6. I want to report the misconduct of a police officer. Who should I call?
7. I have a vehicle for sale. Can I park it in a parking lot?
8. If I have a problem with someone, how do I know if it is a police or civil matter?