Community Development / Planning & Zoning
Extended 180 Day Moratorium Regarding Multi-family Residential Rezoning Applications. Ordinance 2022-19
Community Development, Building Inspections and Engineering operate under the leadership of the Executive Director of City Development, Troy R. Strunk, L.A. City Development works to improve the quality of life for the current and future residents of Daphne by providing services to shape and create viable and resilient residential, commercial and other uses.
The Mission of the Community Development Department is to guide the City of Daphne to a sustainable and prosperous future by promoting and managing proper growth and development through the planning process.
Responsibilities & Services
The Community Development Department strives to provide high quality professional and technical support to the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Adjustment, City leaders and departments, citizens and the development community of the City of Daphne.
Community Development, also known as the Planning Department, is responsible for:
- Administration of the Land Use and Development Ordinance (LUDO) (PDF).
- E-911 addressing
- GIS database management and mapping
- Maintaining archival records
- Providing staff support to the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Coordinating technical plan reviews and pre-construction conferences
- Issuing site disturbance permits and zoning certifications
Our foremost duty is to promote the use of the comprehensive plan in the decision making process and make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council concerning:
- Commercial and residential development proposals
- Subdivision and land development
- Vacation of easements or rights-of-way
We also serve as the technical staff for the Board of Zoning Adjustment and assist with the following requests:
- Special Exception
- Administrative Appeals
- Community Development Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Community Standards Ordinance
- Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Land Use and Development Ordinance (Includes amendments through 03/01/22)
- Public Records Research Requests Form
- The Path to Entitlement: Project Approval Process
- List of Important Land Development Contacts (PDF)
- 2022 BZA Calendar
- 2022 PC Calendar
- Standards for a Traffic Impact Study 2022